Global Digital Challenge
Join us to win a chance to take your student or entrepreneurial team to China for an acceleration process
Alibaba GDT, a global network of digital talents, along with its local partners in Colombia, Ruta N Medellin and Conexión Educativa Asia, presents the Alibaba Global Digital Talent Challenge 2021, an entrepreneurship challenge aiming to promote digital talents around the world to co-create brands.
Our goal is to help brands grow by bridging local suppliers and entrepreneurs or teams of students.
Are you a colombian student or young digital entrepreneur? then this challenge was made for you! Join as to work alongside an organization to design and develop their D2C strategy.
Join hands with top Colombian suppliers who are:
- Experts in their respective industries with decades of experiences
- Original Design Manufacturers for big brands
- Yet, lacking market insights and local operation talents to start their own brand
Throughout the competition, that is divided into 3 local rounds and 2 global rounds, you and your team will be assigned to a company to work hand in hand to help them sell products to a targeted local market, preferably by using digital e-commerce solutions.
Learn the know-hows of starting a “Direct-to-Consumer” brand:
- Characteristics of a digital native brand
- Discover consumer insights from “small data” on social media
- Consumer journey in the digital era
- Enhanced content marketing with digital tools and platforms
- Leveraging digital platforms and business ecosystems
- Free skill-boosting training and materials
- Plenty of opportunities to impress top suppliers, headhunters, and investors
FOr teams entering the global rounds:
- A budget for ads and products to compete in the global round
- High potential long-term partnership with the suppliers in the future
- Acknowledgement by Alibaba GDT Network as “GDT Brands Ambassadors”
For the winners of the global final:
- First place: 20,000 USD
- Second place: 10,000 USD
- Third place: 5,000 USD
The first, second and third places will be invited to join the Virtual incubation by Alibaba Business School Innovation Center, sponsored by the Hangzhou government.
- Margarita Henao - CEO Daviplata Davivienda
- María Fernanda Quiñones - CEO Cámara de Comercio Electrónico de Colombia
- Andrés Vásquez - CEO Nequi
- University students with knowledge in marketing digital or young digital entrepreneurs
- Ages 18-30
- Teams consisting of 2-4 people
- Speak and understand English (at least one of the participants has a fluid level of English)
- From business related disciplines